· Post treatment, there may be some redness, tenderness, or swelling at the treatment site. This is a normal treatment response that will resolve itself within a few days.
· It is not unusual to experience bruising or swelling around the treatment site. This is short term and will subside within a few days.
· Bruising can be avoided or minimized by avoiding aspirin and alcohol for 24 hours pre & post treatment.
· Avoid wearing make-up post treatment for 12 hours.
· There is no need to massage the product area unless specifically instructed to do so.
· Do not expose the treated areas to intense heat (e.g. solarium, sauna) for at least 48 hours after treatment.
· Lip treatments generally take a little longer to settle and may feel tender and appear uneven. This will gradually resolve itself within the first week and will not affect the final result.
· If you have suffered from cold sores, the treatment may result in a fresh eruption of the virus. If this occurs you may use Zovirax cream.
· Rarely, there may be slight visibility of the dermal filler below the surface of the skin.
· Allergic responses to Dermal Filler treatments are rare, as is infection of the treated area. However, if you experience any unusual symptoms, please contact the clinic as soon as possible.
· On very rare occasions (less than one in 15,000 treatments) prolonged firmness, abscess formation or grayish discoloration at the implant site has occurred. These reactions can develop weeks to months following the injections and may persist for several months but normally resolve with time. Even more rarely, the formation of a scab and sloughing (shedding) of tissue at the treatment site has been noted, which could result in a shallow scar.